When you sign up for a free trial or purchase access to the Opal app through the Opal website (http://opal.so), you'll be given access to all of the features and content of an Opal Pro subscription for a limited time. If you are purchasing access to Opal Pro through the iOS app, please see this article instead: Opal FAQ | How Your Free Trial with Apple Works.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to activate and use your free trial on web:
1. Create an Account or Sign In: Before seeing the free trial screen, you will need to create an Opal account. Creating your account allows us to locate your information in our system should you need any assistance. If you have already downloaded the Opal iOS app and created your account on the app - you can log in on this screen using your Apple Account or your Email. Please make sure to use the same log in details.
2. Unlock Opal Pro: Shortly after signing in, you will see a screen inviting you to try Opal Pro for Free. This unlocks a trial to an Opal subscription on your Opal account. You can read more about what an Opal subscription includes here.
Note POLICY: If you decide to start a free trial, you should fill out your payment details on the screen. You will see an explanation of the trial terms. The free trial will be active for a set number days, at which point you will be charged the full yearly subscription price. Please cancel the trial at least 24 hours before it ends to avoid any charges.
5. Confirm Subscription: Confirm the main button to start your trial>.
6. Start your free trial: Congratulations! You've started your free access to an Opal Pro subscription. You will know the trial activation has been successful if you see everything unlocked in the app. If you still see lock icons next to some of the features or content after starting the free trial, you can send us a message for help.
7. Download the iOS App and Log in. You will be taken to a dashboard that will walk you through steps to install the iOS app and log in on your app.
7. Cancel your free trial: If you do not wish to continue into an annual subscription at the end of the free trial, please be sure to cancel as soon as possible. This help article includes details about how to cancel your free trial.
8. Using Opal after your trial: If you cancel the free trial before it ends, the app will revert back to the locked version at the end of trial period. You will then only be able to access our free content, which you're welcome to use as much as you'd like. If you do not cancel, you will be billed the full annual subscription price and you will continue to have access to the full features of Opal Pro for the duration of your subscription.
If you have been granted a special offer for Opal Pro through a partner, you may be offered to pay upfront without a free trial following the same steps above, but entering a special promo code at checkout.
Additionally, you may purchase or be offered a gift:
Gift 1 year of Opal
Opal FAQ | I received Opal as a Gift, how do I redeem my gift?
With a combination of app restrictions, real time feedback and rewards, you can begin to focus better and accomplish your dreams.