When you download the Opal app on an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad, you have the option to activate a free trial to the Opal Pro subscription. This free trial is through iTunes, which means Apple handles the activation, cancellation, and any fees. If you are purchasing access to Opal Pro through Opal's website, please see this article instead: Opal FAQ | How Your Free Trial on Web Works.
Please see below for more explanation about how the free trial works.
1. Create an Account: Before seeing the free trial screen, you will first have an option to create an Opal account. We recommend doing this if you plan to use a free trial, so that we're able to locate your information in our system should you need any assistance.
2. Unlock Opal Pro: Shortly after signing in, you will see a screen inviting you to try Opal Pro for Free. This unlocks a 7-day or 3-day trial to an Opal subscription on your Opal account. You can read more about what an Opal subscription includes here.
3. If you don't want to start a trial: If you do not wish to start a free trial, you can use the 'X' in the top right corner of the paywall screen to exit. This will take you to the main home screen of the Opal app, where you can explore our free content. Pro Features and Content will have lock icons next to it, such as Deep Focus. Tapping on a subscription option will bring up a screen to unlock our full library of Opal Pro subscription features and content.
4. View POLICY: If you decide to start a free trial, you should tap the confirmation button at the bottom of the screen (usually Try 7 Day for Free). You will then see a screen with an explanation of the trial terms. The free trial will be active for a set number days, at which point you will be charged the full yearly subscription price. Please cancel the trial at least 24 hours before it ends to avoid any charges from iTunes.
5. Confirm Subscription: Use FaceID or your Passcode to confirm the subscription.
6. Start your free trial: Congratulations! You've started your free access to a Opal Pro subscription.You will know the trial activation has been successful if you see everything unlocked in the app. If you still see lock icons next to some of the features or content after starting the free trial, you can send us a message for help.
7. Cancel your free trial: If you do not wish to continue into an annual subscription at the end of the free trial, please be sure to cancel as soon as possible. This help article includes details about how to cancel your free trial.
8. Using Opal after your trial: If you cancel the free trial before it ends, the app will revert back to the locked version at the end of trial period. You will then only be able to access our free content, which you're welcome to use as much as you'd like. If you do not cancel, you will be billed the full annual subscription price and you will continue to have access to the full features of Opal Pro for the duration of your subscription.
You can read more about how subscriptions through iTunes work here.
With a combination of app restrictions, real time feedback and rewards, you can begin to focus better and accomplish your dreams.